Make Your Voice Heard  







Medical Marijuana Code Violation Enforcement

If you would like to report a marijuana cultivation site that you believe violates the marijuana land use ordinance, use the Online Code Violation form. You can access it here: Online complaint form or from the menu on the left of this page.

The form can also be accessed on the County website by clicking on this link: Medical Marijuana Ordinance and Complaint Form

Enforcement of the medical marijuana ordinance is complaint driven, so no Online Complaint Form? No investigation.

Once the complaint form has been submitted, a copy goes to the Code Enforcement Officer who will share the information with her Narcotics department prior to starting her investigation. If the violation persists for more than 30 days after you filed your complaint, file another complaint. This will notify code enforcement that the violator has not come into compliance.

Criminal Activity – Law Enforcement

Trinity County Sheriff's Department:
Bruce Haney: Sheriff
530-623-2611 (main line) 530-623-3740 (admin offices)

California Highway Patrol: 530-623-3832
To report vehicle/traffic violations


County Agencies:

Code Enforcement: Deputy Ron Hanover

530-623-2611 - To report code violations, use the Online Complaint form


Environmental Health: Peter Hedtke

To report environmental health violations (septic, water, etc.)



Building Dept: Jim Santiago


Planning Dept: Frank Lynch

530-623-1351 ext. #3

Building & Planning: Rick Tippett

Director of Building & Planning Departments 530-623-1365


State Agencies:


Hayfork office: 530-628-4755

Weaverville office: 530-623-4201

Use these numbers to report marijuana grow violations involving cutting of trees, grading of property, burning slash piles, trash, etc.


California Fish & Game:  800-952-5400

Redding office: 530-225-2300

Use these numbers to report marijuana grow violations involving fish, wildlife, streambed alterations, grading of property, etc.


North Coast Water Quality Board: 707-576-2220

Use this number to report marijuana grow violations involving water quality, discharge into streams or water sources, run off from property into water sources, etc.


NCUAQMD (Air Quality)  707-443-3093            

Use this number to report illegal burning (trash, slash, etc.) or air

quality violations involving marijuana grows.


Toxic Substances Control Department: 

Hazardous waste information hotline: 1-800-728-6942

To report hazardous waste violations at marijuana grow sites: 1-800-698-6942



Federal Agencies:

USFS Shasta-Trinity:

Hayfork: 530-628-5227

Weaverville: 530-623-2121

Redding: 530-226-2530

Use these numbers to report marijuana gardens, transportation, or other violations involving public lands


Local Fire Departments:

Call your local fire department to report illegal burning of slash piles,

trash, etc.

































































Our Motto

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."   

Margaret Mead


Board of Supervisors

Keith Groves - District 1
Judy Morris - District 2
Karl Fisher - District 3
Bill Burton - District 4
John Fenley - District 5
Wendy Tyler - CAO & Clerk to BOS
District Maps - County website


Planning Commissioners:      

Kyle Brown- District 1
Graham Matthews - District 2
Diana Stewart - District 3
Tom McKnight - District 4
Dan Frasier - District 5



Other Department:

Frank Lynch - Senior Planner
Richard Tippett - Director D.O.T.
Sheriff Department - Bruce Haney
Environmental Health - P. Hedtke